13 December 2013

12 Days till Christmas: My favourite brushes

So I've talked alot about make-up and skincare, but don't seem to mentioned brushes. They are the most useful tools when applying make-up as they can make your make-up look 100 times better than just using your fingers. Here are 5 of my brushes that I always use.


Real Techniques Duo Fibre Face brush (Limited Edition)
Real Techniques Stippling brush
Sigma Round Kabuki brush F82
Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush
Real Techniques Duo Fibre Eye Brush (Limited Edition)

As you can see, I absolutely love the Real Techniques brushes. They're great quality and no matter how many times I wash them, they never shed or go out of shape, not to mention they're super easy to clean. 

The Duo Fibre Face Brush is great for applying a light powder to set foundation, the stippling brush is great for thin/runny foundations where I want more of a fuller coverage, round kabuki brush is great for thicker foundations - you can stipple on foundation for a heavier coverage or buff foundation for a lighter coverage (the one thing I don't like about this brush is that it is a pain in the ass to wash, because the brush is so dense it's quite hard to get rid of all the old foundation), the base shadow brush is great for blending colours and easy application of a crease colour, and I actually use the duo fibre eye brush as a mini stippling brush for concealer. I find that when I use this with concealer it gives maximum coverage without looking cakey or extremely heavy. 

I still want more Real Techniques brushes. They're absolutely worth the money, so if your looking into investing in some brushes, these are the ones to go! Do you have a favourite make-up brush?

No comments:

Post a Comment