24 August 2012

Review: CK One 3-in-1 foundation

Hi guys!

In one of my first posts I mentioned that I got a sample of this foundation and I loved it so much I decided to get the full size of it. 



What it claims:
-daily serum, primer and face make-up all in one
-revolutionary complexion perfecting formula
-mimics skin tone and texture
-weightless feel on skin
-100% natural looking finish
-fresh and healthy looking complexion all day
-dermatologist tested. non-comedogenic
-suitable for all skin types
-SPF8, with vitamins A, C and E




I got this in the lightest colour (100 porcelain) and they do make quite a few darker colours.

I've used this for almost a month now, and its pretty much the only foundation I've used everyday. As you can tell from the swatches, the colour is quite yellow, but on my face it matches my face almost perfectly. One warning if you do decide to try this out, that all of the colours do have that yellow tone to it, but if you blend it enough it can blend well and won't be noticeable. I'd say that this is a light-medium coverage and is definitely buildable. 

I use this right after my sunscreen (since it has low SPF its best if you use sunscreen in the day) and use a little bit more than half a pump of this. Most days I use my fingers (clean) to apply all over my face. I find that  I use less of this when I use my fingers than my foundation brush. Whatever I have left over, I blend on my neck and any areas that are still showing redness. 

Pros:
-matte finish
- perfect for taking photo's due to the low SPF (SPF8)
- transfer free
- not heavy at all
- looks like skin
- doesn't show dry spots
- doesn't break me out
- has a super light moisturiser smell

Cons:
- does look slightly shiny after 6 hours
- only 30ml (1 FL OZ) and cost me $55

Overall I definitely recommend this for those with dry skin and those who are looking for a low SPF foundation for photo taking. Although it is made for all skin types, if you do have oily skin, definitely set this with powder.

5 comments:

  1. oh cool another melbournian! sounds like a great foundation except for the price lol where did you get it from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI you can purchase this at Ulta for only $30 dollars, definitely cheaper than $55!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Australia doesn't have Ulta. For some reason Australia has really high pricing when it comes to beauty products

      Delete
  3. I'm getting it too :-) .. tried it today loved it!

    ReplyDelete