17 July 2012

Mini Haul

Hi guys!

So after class today I bought some things and I thought it would be nice to share what I got. I first went to The Face Shop to buy an eye shadow I was eyeing for a while. 

Lovely ME:EX eyes in WH001 $9



Blended

I was looking for a good matte white eye shadow to use as a base and as a highlight. I like the look of a matte highlighter rather than shimmer because I think it looks more natural and the shimmer doesn't migrate all over the face. When I swatched this I was quite surprised as to how nice it was. It's not chalky whatsoever  and can be build-able. 

Left to right: Real Nature Mask Lemon $3, Fresh Fruit Grape Mask Sheet (for healthy skin) $4, Fresh Fruit Acerola Mask Sheet (for clearer skin) $4. 

Every time I go to The Face Shop, I can't help but buy mask sheets. They just do wonders for my dry skin and I haven't come across one that has reacted badly to my skin (which I'm very thankful for). I haven't tried any of these yet, so I'll update you guys on how they go.


St. Ives Green Tea Scrub $9
 I was using the Apricot scrub and it worked really well with my skin (although most people get bad reactions with this product) but I wanted something more gentle so that I can use it more than once a week. I've heard good reviews on this so I thought I would try it out.

EcoTools Concealer Brush $7

I wanted a concealer brush to see whether it has a better finish than using fingers (which is what I do to apply concealer). First of all, the bristles are really soft and stiff. The ends is tapered which is what I was looking for. I'll give this a few uses and get back to you guys on how it is. 

So that's all I got. If you have any recommendations on products from The Face Shop, please leave a comment and I might try it out. See you soon ^_^

2 comments: