29 March 2013

Review: SK-II Products

Hi guys!

So for this post, I'll be giving you my thoughts on the SK-II products I bought in my previous haul.

Left to right: Facial Treatment Clear Lotion, Facial Treatment Essence, Stempower

Facial Treatment Clear Lotion
"Containing AHA, this wipe-off clarifying lotion gently removes dirt and dead skin cells to allow skin nourishment. Leaving skin clean, lively and perfectly conditioned.

Facial treatment Essence
"Containing more than 90% Pitera, this much loved miracle water is a must-have for healthy radiant skin. SKII Facial Treatment Essence helps maintain the skin;s natural renewal cycle to its optimum condition to allow skin nourishment. SKII Facial Treatment Essence also works to balance the skins pH and sebum secretion, so oily and dry areas are properly moisturised."

Stempower
"Stempower contain SKII new ingredient StemAcanax complex. Experience radical firmness. Focus on the source of skin's beauty. Feel the youth beauty of many years ago."

Information taken from the SKII website.

My Opinion
I REALLY wanted to like these products, but I have to say that I'm part of the very minority that say that I do not like these products. I use the Clear Lotion on a cotton pad and sweep upwards on my face twice, following with 3-5 drops of the Treatment Essence and finish up with Stempower.

First of all, the Clear lotion didn't really do anything dramatic to my skin. It felt just like a normal toner. The Treatment Essence. Oh how I wanted this to be my holy grail product! but it broke me out! I used it straight for a week and I started to get bumps on my cheeks and chin. So I took a break for my skin to get back to normal. I gave it one more shot and cancelled some things, and it came to a conclusion that this broke me out! In the end I got quite a few painful spots on my cheeks and some bumps on the chin. And something else to mention, I dread putting this on my face because it has such a horrible smell to it! To me it smells like poo! I'm pretty sure everyone that has smelled this product will at least say that it doesn't have an appealing smell to it. As for Stempower, this is a moisturiser so I put a pea size amount all over my face and neck. Because this is more targeted to those that have problems with ageing skin, this didn't really do anything and I felt it to not be hydrating enough for my skin. So I just use this under my eyes as an eye cream.

Overall
I wouldn't repurchase any of these products again, just because they either didn't do anything for my skin and unfortunately broke me out and for such a big price tag on these products.. I will finish off using the Clear Lotion and Stempower, and will probably throw out the Treatment Essence. I am really sad that these products didn't work for me, since there have been so many people rave about SKII products. If you are wanting to try these out and worried about breaking you out, I definitely recommend getting some samples at a SKII counter or like me, get some deluxe size mini sample kits online.

Now I shall concentrate on getting rid of the spots from these products. T_T

No comments:

Post a Comment