15 September 2013

Besides makeup

Hi guys!

So far, this blog has shown my love for makeup and skincare (as well as KPOP). I love doing peoples makeup and 'doll-ing' people up, but there's something else I love doing that I haven't shared with you guys yet. And it is... Hair styling! Ever since I was little, I loved playing with peoples hair. From when I was little, I would be pretty brutal by cutting barbies hair off, then in early high school doing my parents hair for special occasions, in late years of high school doing my friends hair for formal/prom and now I think I have some experience with different hair styles, techniques and how they are used differently for different hair textures. A few days ago I did a few of my friends hair for a uni event (which I didn't go to) and I thought I would share them with you guys!


What I used: Tony and Guy Dry Shampoo, TreSemme Heat Tamer Protective Spray, Loreal Elnett Satin Hair Spray,Tail Comb.

Heat tool used: BaByliss Pro Ceramic Curling Iron 32mm diameter

Friend 1 hair type: thick, colour treated, dry, coarse



Friend 2 hair type: long, thin, naturally straight



Friend 3 hair type: shoulder length, naturally straight, oily



Friend 4 hair type: slightly above shoulder length, oily, naturally straight



All of these hair styles took about 2 hours in total. If you guys are into hair styling, here are a few tips
1. Know the persons hair type and condition: This will allow you to know how to work with the hair, as well as how to treat it (how long you should have each strand of hair to be heat treated)
2. If you can, have a trial session: You get practice on how to work with the hair and talk to the person as to how they want their hair to be styled.
3. Little means more: The less styling products you use, the better. Using a massive amount of hair spray does not mean it's going to stay longer. It's how you put it on and where, that determines the hold of the hair. Same goes with bobby pins. The way you put them in is more effective than just putting hundreds into the hair. For me I concentrate more on using the heat styling tool. For hair that is rarely heat styled, use a bit more heat protective spray.

I hope you liked the looks. I'll be doing another hair session with my friends in a few weeks so look forward to the post on that. If you have any comments or questions, leave them in the comments below ^_^

1 comment:

  1. wow these hairstyles looks really nice *Q* I like them a lot and thanks for the tips at the end I will try to use less hairspray haha I always thought that using more is better :o but I was so wrong omg-


    Mindy~ http://mymychen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete