20 May 2013

Review: B.liv by Cellnique

Hi guys!
So from the title, this post is going to be about some B.liv products I was sent to review. I said I was going to review these after 2-3 weeks use, but I've been busy with university and work. I hope you all forgive me! T_T

DISCLAIMER: these were sent to me for free, and I'm not paid to state my opinion. The opinion is 100% mine and I an not being influenced to change my opinion on these products.

About the brand:
b•liv is about confidence as we are seeking to inspire young people to believe in themselves and motivate them to make a difference not only in their skincare but also in their lives. The name “b.liv” is not just a contraction of the word “believe” but also a union of the words “be” and “live” aiming at forming a life style motto that encourages b•livers to “live the moment.


Here are the products I was sent!

B.liv Dullness Cessation bright is right - Pearl Brightening mask (x3)
Purchase here
Bright is right restores skin’s radiance by refining and smoothening the texture of the skin. Its 100% pure Japanese Nano-Pearl Powder, a source of amino acids and minerals, regulates pigmentation and revitalizes your skin, while its moisture-retaining ingredients provide instant hydration. For all skin types, especially for dehydrated, dull and hyperpigmented skin (all ages).


Glow and shine - Skin Smoothening mask
Purchase here
Reveal your smooth and flawless complexion with this scrub mask. Glow and Shine deeply cleanses, polishes and moisturizes your skin. It also lightens and brightens the dull and uneven skin tone and brings out the inner glow and shine. Scrub away flaws and imperfections! For all skin types and all ages.


Shrink and tighten - large pores diminishing night complex
Purchase here
Formulated with L-ascorbic acid, also known as vitamin C, Shrink and Tighten+ stimulates collagen production at night thus helping to tighten pores and regenerate nutrients for firmer and brighter skin. This magic potion leaves you looking flawless and makes sure your large pores stay out of sight! Best for open pores, all ages.


Their policy:
We stand behind the quality and effectiveness of our products. If you are not completely satisfied with a Cellnique or b•liv purchase for any reasons, you may return it to the our HQ for 100% cash refund or exchange to another product with same or lower value, within 30 days from the date of purchase.


Now to the review!

Bright is right mask: This mask is a sheet mask, which is soaked in an essence and all you need to do is leave it on your face for 20-30 minutes. I've used two as of now, and from what I have experienced so far, it isn't so good. Every time I use this product I would get small, red bumps the next day. I'm not sure if it's a bad reaction or my skin just not use to the products, but either way I won't be purchasing this product. Besides that, I don't think it really did anything for me. I didn't see any brightening effects like it claims to and as a mask, it didn't give any moisturizing effects like other masks do.
Overall review: 1/5

Glow and shine mask: This is a mask and an exfoliator, so you would typically use this once a week. Leave a thin layer on the face for 5-10 minutes and then use wet hands to massage this around the face for 5-10 seconds then wash off. The first few times of using this I found it to be a bit harsh on my skin and made my skin quite red afterwards. I've used this 3-5 times so far, and it's ok. I haven't seen any dramatic results but my skin does feel smooth right after using this, and the effects do not last very long. For those with active acne might feel a tingling sensation with this, so be careful. Not bad, not great, and will not purchase.
Overall review:3/5

Shrink and tighten: I thought this would be just a watery serum, but it actually has an oil texture to it. It's recommended to use 2-3 pea size drops and used all over the face. The first few uses, I found that I was breaking out, but only because I was using too much. What I do now is use 1 drop at a time and use it only in the areas where I get enlarged pores (nose, check area around the nose, between the brows and chin). I only use this 2-4 times a week, and by doing this I have found that my pores have become smaller! I see a dramatic difference when I use this right after exfoliating my face. Does work, but will not purchase as pores isn't my biggest concern as of now.
Overall review: 4/5

Thanks again to B.liv by Cellnique for sending these to me for review. Overall I was quite disappointed with these products. They do work ok, but not enough for me to buy them myself. They do have other products for specific skin types and problems, so do check out their site here. If you have any further question about these products, do leave a comment below and I shall reply as soon as I see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment