21 December 2012

Review: The Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balms

Hi guys!

My family doesn't really celebrate Christmas, so instead I got myself a small present. In a few of my old posts I mentioned that I bought The Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balm in Plum. I was so pleased so I decided to get some more!



Left to right: Plum, Pomegranate, Strawberry, Pink Berry

I initially got Plum since it was the darkest and to me and the best smelling one. This one definitely smells like a plum flavoured lolly and shows on the lips as a slightly dark pink/purple colour, great for days where you need a little more colour. 

Pomegranate looks like a really bright red when you look at the balm itself but comes off more of an orange colour. I don't mind this smell but I know that there will be people that will be put off by the smell. It reminds me of the red Starburst lollies which I know that many of my friends would be grossed out by.

Strawberry I would say is a neutral, slightly dark pink but the colour doesn't show on the lips which I don't mind. The smell reminds me of the Hubba Bubba bubble gums (Australian readers must know what I'm talking about) which reminds me of my childhood! Love this smell!

Pink Berry is a pale pink which surprisingly does show on my lips. It makes them slightly nude which I really like. The smell which I also love, like strawberry flavoured gum. 

Left to right: Plum, Pomegranate
As you can see the colour payoff isn't too bad for a lip balm

Pros:
- quite a large range of scents
- sweet smelling
 - moisterising: they don't feel super thick on the lips, but they aren't thin and slippery like the Nivea Lip Balms
- colours do show on the lips

Cons:
- the price on these I find is quite expensive for a lip balm. I got these for $10.95 AUD
- the smell can be too strong for some

Will I buy these again? A big YES!! Even though these are kind of expensive, they are second best lip balms I've tried EVER, after my Pawpaw Ointment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment